I had the good fortune to catch Stefan Swanepoel give a talk on tech trends at BHGRE Fusion 2011.
Here’s my mind map.
Click image for a bigger view.
Swanepoel on tech trends outline
- 10 billion devices in 2020 means two or more devices for everyone on earth
- The cloud
- Ability for wireless device somewhere else and do something. Storage, access, memory, search.
- Some general technology thoughts
- Cost is moving to free but time required is increasing
- Social media is free in monetary perspective, but not time
- Tagging is about finding, technology isn’t the important part
- Facial recognition
- Event is the front channel
- Back channel is the online simultaneous conversation
- Social Q+A
- Google isn’t good at answering questions–it gives search engine results, not answers
- Questions and answers become the new finding mechanism
- Group shopping
- Bulk discounts outsourced to the crowd
- Augmented reality
- Determining fact from fiction
- Scan and crossreference to availabe data sources
- Location based services
- Virtual loyalty cards
- Geo social networking
- Example: reactive customer service based on lstening
- All of this technology is here today and has been for years.
- You need to be ready to adopt it and use it.